söndag 14 mars 2010

Skiing in Bad Gastein, 6-13 March 2010


Erik on our first day in the slopes.
The first couple of runs I had shaky legs, but when I realized that I hadn't forgotten how to ski I was suddenly all right again.
Visiting Victor and Andreas in their shared trailer. They are in the Alpes for the whole season, being "echte" ski-bums.
Andreas and I, both tired from a day in the slopes.
Erik's dad Ernst also happened to be in town with his friends. They stayed at the bit more fancier (and more comfortable..) hotel Salzburger Hof...
Ernst invited us to have dinner with him and his friends at their hotel. Everything served was delicious and in a far nicer milieu than the one we normally had dinner in (a run down, smoky restaurant in the railway station). It was very much appreciated!
As it happened, Frida and I decided to take the same week off from work. She visited her parents at their cottage in Zell am See which is quite near Bad Gastein, so we made plans to ski together one day. Said and done, she came, we had a great time skiing and we also managed to eat lunch in the sun!
By Thursday, both Erik and I had a soar throat and we decided to take the day off from skiing. Instead we walked about Bad Gastein and looked at the old and beautiful, but sadly run down, houses in the town's old city centrum. We had a three course lunch for only 10 Euros each, then walked slowly back and then took a sauna, relaxed and read books until it was time for dinner again.
Erik by the waterfall in Bad Gastein.

Could I be more touristic?
Our last skiing day in Bad Gastein for this time! Up until that day I had managed to stay on my feet but I was so tired that I fell, about five times... It's a good idea to stop skiing then.
















With my father-in-law. He is a mean skier!

Inga kommentarer: